Inspired by the accomplishments of the US labor movement, the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) was founded in 1978 to represent faculty throughout the Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) . Since then, LRCFT has been a leader in the struggle for faculty labor rights in the Sacramento area and the education rights of all Californians.
In the spirit of great labor leaders both past and present, we dedicate our work to the principles of opportunity, quality, and accountability. We act on behalf of all Los Rios employees and students in the following ways:
- Supporting workplace rights for all faculty members.
- Promoting academic freedom and full access to a quality education
- Ensuring fair pay and professional opportunities
- Building awareness of our members’ skill, professionalism, and
- Dedication to the art of teaching.
LRCFT represents approximately 2,500 instructors, counselors, librarians, college nurses, and program coordinators at all campuses of California’s second largest community college district, including, American River College, Cosumnes River College, Folsom Lake College, and Sacramento City College.
Dean Murakami’s presentation on the state budget crisis and its impact on Los Rios.
The newest Contract can be downloaded here (shortcut).